Saturday, October 27, 2007

Versailles, Pattaya and Internet advertising in China

...is there a connection? There is if you're me. Despite the best efforts of striking Air France crew to keep me here, I am heading from the UFI Congress in Versailles to the ICCA Congress in Pattaya where I'm speaking on Monday.

ICCA represents an important and quite different slice of the business events pie - Congresses as opposed to exhibitions. There will be more than 800 people at the event in Thailand and a lot to talk about.

I'll try to be more successful on blogging from there than here.

In the meantime, I've followed a couple of posts from Thomas Crampton on internet advertising in China with great interest. The issues of measurement and sales techniques are crucial to understanding how money is being generated in this sector in China and where the cracks in the system lie. I encourage you to read these posts. They're very interesting.

No comments: