Sunday, October 22, 2006

More news I should have spotted

FIPP is, in my opinion, one of the more effective international organisations I have come across. So, I feel mildly less embarrassed than I might otherwise have to come across a piece in the newsletter of a London-based association of which I should have been aware.

It reports that "Singapore Press Holdings Magazines has acquired Asian IT media company Hardware Zone (HWZ) and its subsidiaries for $7.1 million". The SPHM press release describes HWZ thus "has operations in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, China and Australia, publishing prolific IT magazine titles , namely HWM, GameAxis Unwired and PHOTOVIDEOi, along with operating popular online portal www.hardwarezone.com which has monthly pageviews of more than 35 million".

The same FIPP page includes news of a shake-up at part of ACP Magazines in Australia as part of James Packer's restructuring of the family jewels in the wake of his Father, Kerry's death at the end of last year.

No comments: