Sunday, June 18, 2006

Having a Digg with Hugo

Hugo E. Martin in Germany has been leading the charge with a number of innovations in the B2B media consulting field. His was certainly the first B2B blog I started to look at and he kindly provided both direction and encouragement when I started this one.

So, I am intrigued by the news of his latest venture, b2b-media and publishing, which he describes as a "Digg-like Website".

I'm honestly not sure he will achieve the critical mass of activity required to make something like this work in the B2B field. We're not dealing with real enthusiasts here (or are we?). However, it's very good to see somebody pushing the boundaries of how we work and communicate to see what works and what doesn't. I for one will certainly keep an eye on it and, time permitting (in short supply right now I'm afraid), try to contribute.

No comments: