Saturday, January 14, 2006

Back from Guangzhou

Just returned from Guangzhou where the CEFCO meeting finished yesterday. Some interesting elements to the event including an agreement signed between IAEM and CCPIT to crack down on patent and copyright infringement at China's trade fairs. A worthy initiative - good luck with the enforcement.

I was not there preparing the ground for the visit by North Korea's wacky "Dear Leader" Kim Jong-il. The management of the White Swan Hotel must be thrilled to have had all their guests kicked out to protect his privacy!

Among other reasons, I mention this as it gives me an excuse to slip in what I still think is the best magazine (sorry, "newspaper") cover of the past 10 years. I trust that The Economist will indulge me for reproducing it again here.

No comments: