Thursday, December 29, 2005

What a difference two years makes

I will fall back on the time-honoured short-cut of newspaper editors in the holiday season: when news is short and your writers are on holiday, print more pictures. I will refrain from calling this a year-end round-up, that would be too dull.

Just before Christmas, the 70,000 sq. metre (750,000 sq. ft for those of you in N. America who can't give up your feet and inches habit) Phase 1 of Hong Kong's new exhibition centre, AsiaWorld-Expo opened. I was involved with the initial planning phase and visited the bare site at Hong Kong International Airport in the middle of 2003. So, I thought a little before and after might be of interest:







Look out for the celebratory CEO in one of my opening ceremony pics. A prize of my mother's Christmas pudding recipe to anybody who spots him. CLUE: It's not the man with his mouth open in the picture which features my colleague Kim Cheng.

No comments: