Thursday, November 24, 2005

Strong revenue growth

China Stock Blog tracks 17 US-listed Mainland companies, many of which are media-related. It has just summarised their Q3 revenue growth. They show an impressive 54.4% average growth, led by Baidu, up 172.9%. The only company showing negative growth is Sina, one of the first wave of portal listings.

I had been getting a little disappointed with this blog's verbatim re-posting of all the analyst conference calls. Far more there than I'm interested to read and easily linked. I much prefer to see punchier pieces, pulling together the poster's own views. The re-posting of transcripts seems to me the blogging equivalent of that standard fallback of the lazy journalist, the verbatim interview....you know the thing, the Q: I asked this. A: He said......... . That doesn't require a journalist or a brain - just a tape recorder and a transcriber. Dull Dull Dull.

No comments: